About the Blog....

Singapore
Each post is a about a song which is written or co-written and performed by me(Ben). Recorded at home on my trusty computer. Many of the songs sometimes say something about what happens my life. At other times, i just post music that i recorded and comment on it. So its public cause everyone can see it, but private since not everyone knows the full meaning of the songs

Monday, March 5, 2007

Better off..

To start things off, i dug long and hard into my hard drive and came up with this recording of "better off". This recording is kinda old, almost 2 years old now (back when i was using the terrible ovation guitar..eekks). Although there are older recordings of my musical musings, this is the first decent recording with me on vocals and guitar. Well decent to me at least.
This one is not actually written by me, it was written by Jon lau. However, i did the arrangement, the guitar solos and the rythm too. Basically he came up with the melody and words. Eventually, me and Jon would move on to form the local band 'Leftover' and this song was one of the 'stamples' from our playlist, a live version is on our E.P.
Of course with 'Leftover' i didn't sing the song, our vocalist did it, i just played guitar. Also, Leftover went with a full band ballad version which, was cool, but i was always imagined this to be an acoustic song. Acoustic just sounds more...sincere?
thought the songs message was better put across this way. So here it is...."better off"

http://www.leftovermusic.com/Ben/bettermix1.zip

1 comment:

limsy said...

ben! hey, haha limyiew here. I love that kite flying tim tams song. pity i didn't get to see your band before i left! but i'll be back in june so hopefully there'll be a chance to see you. haha. coolio. keep on running!