About the Blog....

Singapore
Each post is a about a song which is written or co-written and performed by me(Ben). Recorded at home on my trusty computer. Many of the songs sometimes say something about what happens my life. At other times, i just post music that i recorded and comment on it. So its public cause everyone can see it, but private since not everyone knows the full meaning of the songs

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hope...

Anyway, i was talking to a few of my friends lately. Seems lots of them have emotional sob stories, I like you, you don't like me, you like me, i don't know, i don't like you, why like me...and the list goes on. I think this is perfectly normal to encounter such problems, it sucks but they are good learning experiences.

Many of my friends become a bit cynical after having gone through these emotional roller-coasters. They become very down to earth, which is good, but they start to view relationships with a pessimistic edge. My question was always, why go through all that trouble of trying to be pessimistic, sad and cynical.

Can't these guys just have some hope?

Great idea for song i thought, and i wrote it! It's a very angsty sounding song, i was abit angsty when i wrote it. It's emo-kind song for the emo-kind people out there (i'm emo too, though very rarely.)

Musically, i love the layering...(although go a few mistakes)

So have some hope will you?

http://www.leftovermusic.com/Ben/Hope.zip

No comments: